Who doesn’t love an avocado, right? Well I actually do know a few people who hate them but hey they’re a weird minority, nearly everyone and their granny love an owl avocado these days!
Now there is obviously a lot of ways we enjoy our avocados, usually with eggs, on toast, in salads to name but a few but today I wanted to post about some really cool alternative ways we can use our favorite green fruit!
Avocado *Mocholate* Pudding
- 2 medium size ripe avocados
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup agave or maple syrup (or honey for a non-vegan version)
- 3 dates soaked in warm water for 15 minutes and chopped
- 1/2 cup fair trade cocoa powder
- 2 Tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 – 1 cup unsweetened original almond milk or similar non-dairy milk
- Add ingredients to a blender or food processor in this order: oil, dates, honey, vanilla, half your non-dairy milk, avocados, cocoa powder.
- Blend for 2-3 minutes until smooth. Pour in additional non-dairy milk a little at a time until the pudding is the consistency you want. Remember it will thicken after chilling in the refrigerator.
- Spoon the pudding into ramekins or bowls, cover and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- 1 large avocado
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a blender or food processor combine avocado, applesauce, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Add these ingredients to a large bowl and whisk in eggs.
- Add in coconut flour, cocoa powder, sea salt and baking soda and stir until well-combined.
- Grease an 8 x 8 inch baking dish with coconut oil and add batter.
- Place in oven to bake for 25 minutes (slightly less for fudgier brownies or slightly longer for more cake-like brownies).
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes before cutting into 16 brownies.
- Keep them on the counter in an airtight container at room-temperature for up to 2 days or for a longer shelf-life store in the fridge or freezer.
So there you have it two amazing avocado desserts that you wouldn’t believe are made with avocado because they taste way to good not be bad!
Be sure to subscribe to our other channels to keep up to date with everything!
As always love & positivity
Nicole X Cautious 2 Confident Fitness