Christmas is definitely a time for over indulgence with zero shade from anybody. Tis the season to eat, drink and be merry.
Now that Christmas has drawn to a close not many of us feel like eating, drinking or being merry for that fact!
This short period between Christmas ending and the New Year starting can either do wonders for us or push us further down the endless tin of celebrations!
Use this time wisely!
Being healthy and proactive during this period between holidays can really give us a great start for the New Year (even if you drink an entire winery on New Year’s Eve!).
It’s easy for us to pan off this time and wait until the New Year to commence our healthy lifestyle again or to even start one from scratch but this will only hinder your good efforts in the New Year!
With the mindset of ‘what’s the point with starting now, when….’ Is a terrible one to have, start now have a week or so of great exercise and great nutrition before your big NYE blow out!
It will be honestly much easier to get back into it in the New Year if you start now!
So stop with that lazy attitude and dust off your gym gear and pack those Christmas cookies away for next year!
One of my favourite products to grab for when I am feeling the bloat or a bit sluggish is my Dandelion Tea!
Some – note that I have said ‘some’ of the amazing benefits of drinking dandelion tea…
- Dandelion tea aids in digestion, and functions well to relieve digestive disorders like constipation and diarrhoea.
- Dandelion tea works great to purify the blood and cleanse the system.
- Dandelion tea enhances detoxification, by stimulating urination and, in addition, by replacing the potassium lost in that process.
- Dandelion tea is one of the most effective herbs for getting the bloat out and helping relieve water retention.
- Dandelion tea has specific action in reducing inflammation, of the gall bladder and of the bile duct, and for rheumatism and arthritis.
- Dandelion tea improves the function of and maintains optimum liver, kidney, pancreas, spleen, stomach, and gall bladder functions.
- Dandelion tea helps reduce high cholesterol.
- Dandelion tea contains antioxidants that help your body fight off toxic bacteria and viruses.
- Dandelion tea helps with weight control—especially with weight loss.
- Dandelion tea strengths incorporate well into muscle building programs for weight lifters.
I buy mine from my local health shop in Randwick and its easy on your purse, which is very helpful especially after forking out for fab Christmas presents for the fam!
Eating an apple a day keeps your stomach bloat away!
When having a little detox after some serious eating, I always make sure to incorporate apples into my diet.
Apples are a great source of fibre and also help to keep you feeling full.
A great little snack to keep you going add some peanut butter for some extra nutrition and general yumminess (yes I said yumminess and I’m sticking with it!).
Choosing Quinoa Over Pasta, Rice and Chips
Quinoa is a great little grain that can help combat belly fat. Anytime you choose whole grains over white, processed flours you are helping to keep your belly flatter.
Quinoa is an amazing source of fibre and protein, which helps to keep you full and can be eaten in so many different ways! I love mine in salads and alongside lean meats.
If your still thirsty after you Dandelion Tea guzzle some Green Tea!
Green Tea is full of powerful antioxidants which can help to boost your metabolism. It is the perfect fat burning drink!
Add some Legumes to your Life!
Legumes such as lentils and beans are high in protein, B Vitamins, iron, potassium and other minerals.
They are an awesome source of fibre which helps to keep you feeling full for longer and helps to stabilize your blood sugar levels.
So there you have it, some great tips on how to banish the post-Christmas bloat!
Get into your healthy lifestyle swing today, it will honestly make it so much easier to keep up with in the New Year after all nobody likes the New Year New Me announcements that last all but 3 days so this year give yourself a great pre-New Year start!
As always love & positivity
Nicole X Cautious 2 Confidence Fitness